1. How ________ Mr. Brown when you saw him this morning?
(A) does (B) did (C) is (D) was
2. I ________ her this morning, but I didn’t know she was our new English teacher.
(A) see (B) am seeing (C) saw (D) will see
3. Jack : ________ you talk to Miss Li yesterday?
Helen : No. Why?
(A) Are (B) Were (C) Did (D) Do
4. She ________ vegetables before, but now she eats a lot of them.
(A) didn’t like (B) doesn’t like (C) wasn’t like (D) isn’t like
5. We ________ a lot of fun at the beach last Saturday.
(A) were (B) are (C) had (D) have
6. George : Were you home at 8:00 last night?
Patrick : Yes, I ________.
(A) were (B) am (C) are (D) was
7. Did you ________ a letter to Kevin?
(A) wrote (B) send (C) gave (D) had
8. I ________ busy, so I didn’t read today’s newspaper.
(A) am (B) were (C) was (D) did
9. Teacher : Why ________ you do your homework?
Student : I was very sick, and I went to bed early.
(A) did (B) do (C) didn’t (D) don’t
10. How many people ________ there at the party last night?
(A) are (B) were (C) is (D) was
11. The dog (be) ________ small when I saw it last month.
12. We (live) ________ in Kaohsiung five years ago.
13. They (go) ________ to the movie Transformer the day before yesterday.
14. Where (be) ________ the boys yesterday afternoon?
15. How (do) ________ you find your way home last night?
16. Mr. Smith (visit) ________ his old friend last weekend.
17. She (read) ________ an interesting book a few days ago.
18. I didn’t (eat) ________ much because I wasn’t hungry.
19. (Be) ________ you thirsty? Let’s have something to drink.
20. You look tired. Didn’t you (sleep) ________ well?
1. D 2. C 3. C 4. A 5. C 6. D 7. B 8. C 9. C 10. B
11. was 12. lived 13. went 14. were 15. did 16. visited 17. read 18. eat
19. Are 20. sleep
1. If I had known the truth, I would _____ you. (A) tell (B) have told (C)told (D) will tell
2. He was caught ______ on the exam. (A) cheat (B)cheated (C) cheating (D) being cheated
3. He is ______ singer ever since. (A) the very best (B) the much best (C) better (D)the far best
4. I would _____go to Taipei with you. (A)not rather (B)rather not to (C) like not to (D) rather not
5. Linda works in an office, ______. (A) so I am (B) so am I (C) so I do (D) so do I
6. Leo didn’t work in an office, _____. (A) either I was (B) either did I (C) neither did I (D) neither I did
7. Four of these 6 apples are red; ____ is not. (A)another (B) other (C) the other (D) the others
8.______ the medicine, you will feel better. (A) If you take (B)Take (C) Taken (D) Taking
9.We will go camping this weekend _____ it rain or not. (A) which (B) whether (C) unless (D)though
10. This kind of old furniture is ____ little value. (A) having (B) have (C) of (D) with
11. We’re going to have ____holidays next year. (A) a 3-day (B)3-days (C) a 3-days (D) 3-day
12. There are a _____ of birds in the sky. (A) herd (B) flock (C) swarm (D) school
13. I’ll _____ my sister into going shopping with me. (A)say (B) speak (C) talk (D) tell
14. He ____ lunch at 7 every night. (A) eats always (B) is always eating (C)always eats (D) always is eating
15. Now that I have a motorcycle, I ____ ride my bike. (A)hardly ever (B) seldom ever (C) hardly never
(D) seldom never
16. You must come to my wedding by ____ means. (A) no (B) all (C) some (D) none
17. If it ____ tomorrow, I’ll stay home. (A) will rain (B) is raining (C) rains (D) rain
18. There was a drunken man ____ on his back in the street. (A) laid (B) lain (C) lying (D) laying
19. ____ do you think the population of Taiwan is? (A) How (B) How much (C) How much (D) How large
20. Some are for his plan, while others are ____ it. (A) without (B) against (C) as (D) so
21. Many TV talk shows are _____ programs. (A) life (B) alive (C) live (D)living
22. The colors of this dress are the same as ____ of that one. (A) this (B) that (C) these (D) those
23. All things ____, he’s a very good husband. (A)considered (B) considering (C) having considering
(D) to be considered
24. Rumor has ____ that she’ll marry a blind man. (A) so (B) it (C) to (D) such
1 B 2 C 3 A 4 D 5 D 6 C 7 D 8 A 9 B 10 C
11 D 12 B 13 C 14 C 15 A 16 B 17 C 18 C 19 D 20 B
21 C 22 D 23 A 24 B